Thursday, July 16, 2009

I've been waiting for almost an entire year for something worthy of my blogging debut. My sister's wedding, Dylan's first day of preschool, Kenzie's broken arm, holidays, and birthdays have all come and gone, and still my blog sits empty. Even the birth of our third child wasn't enough to jump start my blog. So, instead of some tremendous, once in a lifetime experience I have decided to write about our worst week ever in the hopes that things will only get better from here on out.

Jeff left for scout camp the same week my dad and brother went on a guys trip. We would have gone on a girl's trip at the same time but my mom had a wedding to do and 3 new babies make it a little more complicated to pack up and leave. So it was just me and my 3 kids for the next 4 days. Wednesday I spent almost the whole day cleaning so that I could do some fun things with Dylan and Kenzie over the next couple of days. I managed to wash and put away 3 loads of laundry, mow the lawn, do the dishes, clean up the kids rooms, and all of the other mudane tasks it takes to keep a house clean. We even cooked a healthy dinner, played games, and read books in the evening. I was feeling pretty good about my parenting skills at this point. I let the kids camp out in my room, so with them tucked into their sleeping bags I climbed into bed hoping for a good nights sleep after such an exhausting day.

And that's when it all started.....Kenzie woke up crying, then she threw up all over herself and her sleeping bag. She then proceeded to throw up on Dylan's sleeping bag, my bedroom door, the hallway, the bathroom floor, and all around the toilet but not so much in it. All the comotion woke up Mason. After getting Mason back to sleep and cleaning up all the mess it started all over. Poor Kenzie was up every 15-20 minutes throwing up or screaming at the top of her lungs because her stomach hurt so bad. Finally at 3:50 she seemed to be able to sleep. Mason got up again at 5:15 and I put him back down at 6:30. Kenzie threw up again at 7:00. After only 2 hours of sleep I was up for the day. After a bath, thankfully Kenzie was back to her normal self.

An abbreviated version of day 2 was Dylan's graduation practice, library, slurpees, store, laundry, Dylan's graduation, and a sleepover with Uncle Matt. Did you notice there wasn't a nap in there? I sure did. A combination of staying up late, getting up with Mason in the night, and the kids waking up early, I only managed to get 4 hours of sleep.

My SIL and I decided to salvage the weekend with some crafts, movies, and dinner. Dylan started feeling sick at her house so we headed home but not soon enough. I'll just say a repeat of night #1. My mom even came and slept on my couch at 1:30 in the morning to help me with Mason, while I was helping Dylan. I don't know how single parents do it.

Jeff finally made it home and just in time too. It was bound to catch up with me sometime. It's no fun being sick, especially while taking care of a baby!!! That was just my little piece of nightmare, if you take into account everything that happened to the rest of my family that week you can add a trip to the ER, lost keys, 2 flat tires, and more sickness. Next year we're going on a girl's trip and a long one too!!!

Well, that feels good, no more pressure about my 1st post. Who knows, I may just do another one tomorrow.


Kristina said...

Oh my gosh! How awful!! And so many times the awful things have such BAD timing! Well, I hope things are going better lately! Your pictures are SO CUTE!! I love love LOVE the one on Dylan's slide show of all three of them and I think it's in sepia... anyway, they are all so adorable! Let's get together and play sometime!!

Stueller said...

I swear when it rains it pours... but I am glad to see your blog on here :) YEA! I need your email and I'll invite you to mine!

The Conrad Family said...

Why do all those things happen while the Daddy's are away? Sounds like a rough few days! You handled it like a champ! What a great mom you are! Jeff is sure lucky to have you around!!

Jamie Younker said...

Ugh. I still can't believe what a week you had! I vote that next year it's OUR turn to do something fun!

So I can't figure out for the life of me why you can't see my blog. I even made it public again hoping that would help. The only thing I can think of is this:

Today I checked my blog at school using internet explorer and I couldn't see anything but the pictures of Addie. Then later I checked it again but I used firefox... and it worked. ????? I dunno if that helps but you can give it a shot.